Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 08:00pm - 09:00pm
(All times in Eastern Time)
COCA Directors teach us best practices for hosting virtual camp that they've learned from experience. This session will cover activities, engaging campers virtually, in-hospital programs, and helpful tips.
- Rich Brundige, Camp Kids are Kids Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Dina Dattilio, Camp Ta-Kum-Ta, South Hero, Vermont
- Ashley Clinger, Camp Hobé, Utah
Please register in advance for this meeting by clicking the link below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
A recording of this session will be made available after the event.
Questions to consider:
- What are some activities that you've offered that worked really well virtually?
- How do you keep campers (and staff) engaged during virtual sessions?
- Do you offer virtual programs for children in the hospital? How do those programs work (i.e. access to technology, orientation with hospital staff, etc.)
- Have you needed to provide a child with technology to access virtual programs?
- What helpful tips do you have for facilitating Zoom sessions?
- Do you provide staff training for virtual sessions and, if so, how do you facilitate the training?
Click the link below to access materials from The Camp Show including activity ideas, Zoom backgrounds, camp songs, and more!
The Camp Show Guide